Resources for Businesses during COVID-19
During the outbreak of Coronavirus, the below resources have been made available to support businesses.
Rural Relief Small Business Grants
Rural Relief Small Business Grants Program which provides assistance to small businesses in rural communities of 50,000 or less. The grant is being offered by LISC (Local Initiatives Support Corporation), a national non-profit corporation. The application will open on November 30, 2020, and applications must be submitted by Monday, November 2nd at 11:59 PM ET.
Grants will be made in amounts ranging from $5,000 to $20,000. LISC will use the funding to provide grants to businesses facing immediate financial pressure because of Covid-19.
Grant be used for:
- Payables to include rent and utilities
- Meeting payroll (to include the applicant)
- Paying outstanding debt to vendors
- Other immediate operational costs
BUSINESS FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- US Small Business Administration (SBA) - Paycheck Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources, Disaster Assistance
- Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- US Chamber of Commerce SBA Guide and Checklist
- Texas Division of Emergency Management, SBA Disaster Assistance Loan.
- State of Texas, Texas Economic Development
- Texas Workforce Commission – Disaster Unemployment Assistance
- Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts - variety of online tools for businesses seeking assistance.
ADDITIONAL GRANTS AND FUNDING
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program - $100 million in available funding and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses
- Texas Restaurant Association Restaurant Relief Fund - Provides grants to support the needs of independent restaurants
- Southern Smoke Restaurant Employee Emergency Relief Program - Provides charitable funds to assist those employed and/or who own restaurants/bars or are restaurant suppliers
- Centers for Disease Control Interim Guidance for Businesses & Employers
- US Department of Labor Coronavirus Resources – Information for employers/workers
- US Chamber of Commerce Combating Coronavirus – Workplace tips, Customizable workplace flyer & guidance for an employer response
- US Chamber of Commerce 5 Ways to Retain Your Customers During Coronavirus – Tips to retain customers for your business
- US Chamber of Commerce Coronavirus Small Business Guide
- Google Small Business Tips for Surviving COVID-19
- US Senate Committee on Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- Texas Department of State Health Services Resources & Updates
- Texas Workforce Commission Shared Work Program – The Shared Work program provides Texas employers with an alternative to layoffs.
- National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) Small Business Resources in response to COVID-19
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- US Department of Labor Families First Coronavirus Response Act Family & Paid Sick Leave
- Federal Reserve Resources
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR)