Residential Services (water, sewer, sanitation and recycling):
All documents and deposits must be provided before services are established. There are 2 options to establish new water, sewer, sanitation, and recycling service.
Option 1 - In Office
Please Come by the City Hall and bring the following:
- A valid picture ID or Drivers License (Out of state id's are accepted).
- Proof of ownership, such as your Closing Disclosure or Warranty Deed OR your signed lease agreement.
- A deposit payable by cash, check, money order or credit/debit card (Master Card, Discover, or VISA). Out of state checks are accepted.
- A completed Residential Water Service Application. This is available in office also. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Option 2 - Email, Fax or Mail
The required documents listed under Option 1 are accepted by email, fax or mail. Please note the deposit must be paid in office, by mail or in the night drop box. Deposits are not accepted online or over the phone.
- Email: Utilities@cityoffate.com
- Fax: 972-722-8266
- Mail: Utility Billing, PO Box 159, Fate TX 75132
- Drop Box: 1900 CD Boren Parkway, Fate TX 75087. The silver drop box located next to the East entrance. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
*Please note, request for new service and deposit received after 3:00 pm Monday-Thursday will result in connection on the following workday. Requests received after 11:00 am on Friday will result in connection on the following workday.
Each residential utility customer is charged a $100 water deposit, a $50 sewer deposit, and a non-refundable $50 application fee. The water and sewer deposits (totaling $150) are refundable, less the amount due on the final bill, upon closing the account. Customers may also request (in writing) a refund of a utility deposit after twelve months of utility service. The customer's account may not show any penalties charged against the account during the twelve months prior to the request in order to qualify for a complete refund of deposit.
Sanitation and Recycling Carts
For all options, your poly-cart will be delivered the week following the week the order is placed. The poly-cart stays with the home when and if a resident moves to a new address. Residents who remove the poly-cart when they move will be billed the replacement value of the item(s).
More information about sanitation and recycling can be found here.
If you are moving please complete and submit the Disconnect Form by email, fax, mail, drop box or in person at the City Hall.
Customers are responsible to notify the Utility Billing Department of a (future) disconnection date to avoid discrepancies with the final date.
*Please note, request for disconnect of service received after 3:00 pm Monday-Thursday will result in disconnection on the following workday. Requests received after 11:00 am on Friday will result in disconnection on the following workday.